Monday, February 4, 2008

Martha and on the way to church...

Its been a few days, so there is much to give an update on. My mind thinks in chronological order so here we go...

Friday - I went to a community bible study with Diane (Dr. Wright - director of JUC and professor's wife) and Sara (wife of grad student), which I plan to continue to go to when I can. Really this trip was motivated by many different things - the primary reason was to see Martha (who encouraged me to come as one of the group leaders). Martha and her husband, Philip, were the campus managers when we were here in 2001. We all would look forward to Monday nights at their house - chocolate chip cookies and hang out time. Love Martha!! Phil went to be with the Lord relatively recently. They have 5 (yes 5) BEAUTIFUL children, ranging in age from 9-1.5. Asher (9), Adam (7) were at JUC in 2001. Toddlers then (and Martha was pregnant with Nate - now 6). It was so fun to see them all grown up. It was wonderful, so wonderful, to see Martha. She was excited to hear updates on everyone (Drew and Bekah, Nico, Kristin, Hillary, Mike, Bryan, Dan, Andy, Rico, etc...). After bible study we walked to get Adam from school and then on to her home. I look forward to much more good time with her!!! (I will take pictures the next time we are together).

Friday was also filled with returning to the crazy outdoor market with Tim and Abby, Shabbat dinner at school (with most of the students - grad and undergrad) and vespers service.

Saturday morning we went to church with Tim and Abby. Come to find out the church meets in the same building as the bible study i went to on friday. So I was able to say hi to some of the ladies, and we were able to see Martha again. Pictures below were taken on the way...

JUC campus (above), with me and the school (below). :)

1 comment:

Bekah said...

awww...HUGE hugs to Martha and all of those sweet kids. So glad that you will have a few months to spend time together. What a blessing. LOVE all of the above photos from your field trip.