Sunday, June 28, 2009

we are still here

a dear family friend, jill, recently had a beautiful baby boy. he is her third boy and came just when he wanted to - 11 days late, one day before she was scheduled to be induced. every morning she would wake up and say to herself, "well i am still here."

and so i say - "well i am still here."

filled with peace. knowing the baby will in fact come. and, although slightly uncomfortable, resting. this time has been like none i have ever known before. i really just feel like sitting all day. my stomach is bigger than i ever imagined it could be. and i am finding sweet moments with Jesus throughout the day. moments i may not have had if the baby had come 'on time.'

so i am still here. thankful. waiting. trusting.

thank you for being still here with me.

2 comments:

Bell Family said...

Hi, I am Brooke's cousin and got to your blog through hers. My son is 6 months today. He was due before Christmas- Dec 16th and I ended up being induced on the 28th. No 'my first christmas' outfits for him (although there were many). I just wanted to say I understand the waiting and the asking if anything is happening yet. It is all for a reason. My son knows what he wants and he showed that for the begining. He has such a personality. When your baby is born you will instantly understand why bud waited. Hope you odn't find this too strange but I just wanted to say I understand...

kstivers said...

It's so hard waiting for the greatest gift in the world.....you are so courageous. I know that the anticipating of the unknown is of great weight...but it truly is an awesome journey and savoring each and every moment the baby is inside of you because in a little bit..he/she will be in your arms forever! We love you! Keri