Wednesday, June 4, 2008

day of rest

today we rested. nicole and i did some shopping and went to the outdoor market, while tim and nathan spent the majority of the day at JUC reading the large amount of wonderful books in the library.

we leave in 5 days. 5 days. crazy. i am beginning to feel the tension - wanting to make sure we spend time with people, doing well saying good-bye, cover all of the details, see the last few things we haven't seen, breathe. i would covet your prayers as we say goodbye and prepare to arrive in nepal. we are extremely excited but this transition is also seasoned with grief as this has been a wonderful 5 months in so many ways.

5 comments:

Christina said...

5 months! where has this time flown!

Kristi said...

wow, has it really been 5 months??? I feel like I've grown to know you Kristi during this time....of course, you probably have no clue about me! =D But you did inspire me to start my own blog! Thanks for the inspiration. Of course, I don't have the sharing of another culture, but not all of us can experience such wonderful things.....Thank you so much for sharing your day to day life ! I even feel like I've gotten to know Tim better!!! tell him I said hello!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have only 5 more days there! I hope they are all at least semi-restful. I hope you can spend good time with people you're leaving. Stay healthy, stay happy :) Keep keeping us all up to date!

Unknown said...

Its been a great journey...for you, and everyone following along with your time in Israel. I envy your time there, but just not the leaving part. I remember that being very hard. But looking around the bend and seeing Nepal probably makes it a bit easier. Im curious, what are your plans for your time there??

mbguikema said...

wow this time has gone so quick! i am so excited for you guys as you head to nepal!