yesterday was a day filled with young life activities. we started our day at 6 am with club. about 115 students were there - it was amazing to us to see so many excited kids so early in the morning. sitting in club i was reflecting on the good that the Lord does through Young Life - seeing these students (most of whom are not christians) singing at the top of their voices, playing games and listening intently to tim was a reminder of the effectiveness of Young Life and the Lord's faithfulness to the ministry. Also as i was watching tim i was filled with pride. He did a great job sharing funny stories with tons of energy and also clearly communicating a story about Jesus. I told him afterwards that I believe if Ken where there he would have been so proud - a tribute to the legacy he has (and is continuing) to leave his family.
after tim played soccer and i talked to some relatively shy girls in english (they have learned much from their english class). in the afternoon we did a training for young life volunteers - i talked about counseling skills and tim did an overview of the fundamentals of being a Young Life leader.
In the afternoon tim and hom went to talk more about Young Life, while Manu and I stayed home and talked. Being with them is such a pleasure. We have talked much and laughed a lot as well.
At 5:00 pm we had another club. Tim introduced a few new games and mixers to the kids and they LOVED it. He also gave another talk - again - i was so proud.
Last night I watched Hom and Manu make dal bhat, with the hope of being able to create a more authentic dal bhat when we return home. we will see. I asked that today after church we go and buy some of the spices they use - so we hope to do that. Whelp I better go. it is time for breakfast.
we leave tomorrow. we will be happy to return to kathmandu but sad also to leave our good friends. this week has been amazing in so many ways and i know we will never forget it. and i know we will hope to continue our friendship with Hom and Manu however we can.
1 comment:
Good post Kristi. That was fun to read. Mom and I CANT WAIT to enjoy those spices you hopfully bought. ;)
Post a Comment