we said goodbye to charlie last night. as we were parting ways i told him i was only excited to see him go because it meant we will be leaving in a few days.
we rode motorcycles, oh yes we did. tim had a great time. i did too. we started the adventure on a bit of a stressful/traumatic side but we worked through it. let me just say it is difficult to navigate a motorcycle through a crowded market packed with pedestrians and merchants after just conquering a road being re-paved even for the best of cyclists (can you even apply that term here? - so new to this motorcycle world). at one point a nepali man said to tim, "so difficult" as he was walking by. haha. but after we got over it and didn't die in the crazy intersections we had a good time. although come to think of it at one point i took off my helmet because i was sweating and fearing horrible hair and tim turns to me and says, "kristi, what would defense (my unusual nickname for my beautiful sister) say about the safety of this situation?" in her honor and for tim's sake i promptly put the helmet back on as i was imaging the nepali news headline "american couple dies in tragic motercycle crash." (mom i hope you aren't reading this). but yeah - it was fun. i loved seeing kathmandu and getting a better feel for the city and we drove past some interesting temples and other sites. we took some pictures but those will have to wait for a later date.
ok. that's about it. 3 days. 3 days. trying to savor every moment.
4 comments:
I can hardly believe you'll be leaving in THREE DAYS! We're getting anxious to see you :)
kristi--are you trying to kill your mom? :) ha ha. poor anne. the Lord has had a mighty hand of protection over you two. we love you and can't wait to see you. praying for you.
No worries-the moment I heard that Tim (thankfully I didn't know you were riding the motorcycle too KRISTI!) was going to ride a motorcycle I already thought of a deadly crash or signigicant injury and just prayed through my fear. Truly, I just need you both home so I can breathe again or at least exhale! Ha-ha. Thank-you for thinknig of me Bekah-now that you have met me you know I am a bit (no lauging now) neurotic-but a nice neurotic person right? Now on to more pleasant thoughts since Tim is not in intensive care, I just bought 2 boxes of CHEESE-IT'S-one with Kristi's name on it and one with Tim's name on it. Plus some cheddar cheese fish crackers-just in case. Krsiti won't have to monitor Tim's cheese it comsumption now. Smile.....OK-enough already-get on a plane and come back to the USA!
Thanks for the shout out. LOVE IT. Im glad Tim quickly weighed the options of brain injury vs. helmet hair, and chose the latter. Love you guys. See you FRIDAY NIGHT!!
Post a Comment