Wednesday, December 17, 2008

walking in a winter wonderland

more snow fell on vancouver last night and it continues to fall outside. in an effort to avoid bad drivers and protect myself and our unborn child i opted to not drive to work today. so i took the sky train, which involves, what used to be a 20 min walk, a now 30 min walk to the station. i never imagined how much carrying a baby in just the very beginnings of the second trimester would effect my breathing so much. oh well. i march on. i know there are buses that could take me there but walking is more fun, especially today. i loved every moment of walking in the snow. the snow was falling softy, big huge flakes, and i listened to amy grant sing christmas songs (thanks janae for the cd!). it was amazing!! i felt like a little kid singing to myself and marching down the snow covered streets.

one of my favorite moments of the walk was seeing a mom of two little boys in an all out run as she pulled them in a sled down a hill on their way to school. the boys squealed the whole way down. what a cool mom?! i want to be that kind of mom. a crazy for your kids kind of mom.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You will SO be that kind of Mom! My favorite is letting and joining in with Cooper jumping in and stomping in the mud puddles. Some people look at me like I am crazy but most just look on and smile!

Rebecca said...

I love the description of your walk. It's like the beginning of a good book:) I felt like I was there with you.

Becky

Rebecca said...

I love your description of your walk to work. It made me feel like I was right there with you...like the beginning of a good book.

Becky