Sunday, August 31, 2008

work permit - DONE!!

in spite of being extremely tired tim and i woke up early yesterday morning and headed for the border. we arrived before 9 and in 45 minutes and very little questioning later, we had a work permit for me!!! which means i can apply for jobs and actually be allowed to work in canada. i am extremely excited, especially because the first time we went the people treated me like i was crazy to think i was allowed to ask for a permit. but after much research and talking to people at regent we found out i am in fact perfectly able/allowed as a spouse of a full time student to obtain an open work permit in canada.

we also went and looked at a possible place to live and saw drew and bekah yesterday. so it was a great day as we get more and more excited about living in vancouver.

3 comments:

Deborah Downs said...

Hurray!! What a fast answer to prayer! Praise God!

Kristi said...

Yeah for work permits! I know Canada is a different country, but I was surprised by how culturally different it really is when we've visited. I'll be anxious to hear your experiences in Vancouver. I've been there once, we boarded our cruise ship for our Alaskan cruise there.

I'll keep your apt. hunting and job hunt in my prayers!

mbguikema said...

yeah!! i am happy you got that part done!! i hope the job and apartment are just as easy :)