hebron-
we were told that the gates above the streets in the old city of hebron were to prevent the jewish settlers from throwing trash down onto the palestinians
the tomb of abraham built by herod the great
kristi and ben looking cool
armored bus to get jewish settlers into the hebron settlement
abandoned area, its a buffer zone between the jewish settlement and palestinian area
great day trip, today we are getting ready to leave for a little vacation over the next week. tomorrow we leave for tel aviv for a day, and from there we are headed down to the sinai peninsula for 5 days or so. should be great!
2 comments:
Wow. Abraham's tomb. I don't remember if our group ever went to Hebron when I was there. I would think I'd remember something as big as Abraham's tomb. Is that the real location of his tomb or just a monument?
P.S. Kristi, I finished The Red Tent and loved it. Thanks for recommending it. I had some very interesting reactions to it which I'd love to hear your take on sometime.
i miss you kristi!
Post a Comment