Motivated by many I love who garden and greatly assisted by a husband who builds me things - I am diving head first into gardening. Here are some pictures to capture what things look like at the beginning of the spring.
I planted bulbs last fall and am very happy with my choices. This smaller box was here before we moved in:
(I wish we would have taken a picture of what the backyard looked like before we started because it was an ugly mess!!)
Below is the incredible garden box tim and kurtis built me last summer out of recycled wood. my dad and tim then filled it with dirt a few weeks later. i am so lucky!!
most of what you see here are starts from a local garden/produce shop that i love! i have my own things from seeds inside still.
the bigger picture.
the potato box - also made by tim out of recycled wood. as the potato plants grow you cover them with dirt and add additional boards up the sides and magically the plants make more potatoes. i know - mind blowing.
tim told me the other night i am a gardener nerd because i took pictures of my garden. aren't you all glad i am a nerd and can share it with you? :)





1 comment:
I am glad you shared! just catching up on your blog, your girls are growing up so fast! and I loved the pics of your flowers and garden, that potato box thing is mind-blowing, I'm going to google that=)
Post a Comment