Thursday, September 29, 2011

our time away

Tim and I got away for a few days in honor of my birthday and the new baby coming.   Samantha and faith dog stayed with Nana and Papa and had a great time!  

Here is the view from our deck outside of our room.  We stayed at this great bed and breakfast just outside of Leavenworth (about a 3 hour drive south-east from Bellingham, in the mountains).  
i loved both mornings waking up and sitting outside, watching the river.
here we are - we made a trip down to the river to check it out.
tim went for a swim...
i did not.
this was a few weeks ago - i think i would be about 34 weeks pregnant.  (I am 36 weeks today).
here i am at 36 weeks pregnant with sam.  looking just about the same...
Leavenworth is known for being very-German.  You feel like you have entered a german disneyland for adults.  We tried to immerse ourselves in the experience as much as possible, which translated into eating pork 5 or 6 meals in a row :)  More than anything Tim and I appreciated the chance to get away and be together.  We laughed a lot and had some good conversations.

We are still working on little girl's name - so say a prayer if you think of it for wisdom and clarity.  I have an idea about impressions of her personality but we have yet to find a name that feels like the right one.  My guess is we will go to the hospital with a few names and wait until we meet her.


4 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Glad you had a great time together, that's so wonderful and refreshing. I love your hair. You should go with Abigail:) JK.

Unknown said...

"I did not."

I laughed out loud :)

Love your sweater, love your hair AND your big belly!

Christina said...

wow you are so round like basketball. and that's a compliment. that means you are only carrying it one place. i am a little concerned you are carrying like a boy!
that place is so pretty. i am so glad yall got time away!

Nathan and Nicole said...

I had to comment about your sweater and hair and darling belly, but Abby and Brooke beat me to it! LOVE IT ALL!