Thursday, June 9, 2011

baby...

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are very excited to announce we are expecting a baby girl. i can hardly believe it. she is healthy and measuring normal, right on track to be born at the end of October (or if she is anything like her sister - the beginning of November).

more than anything I am excited for what this means for Samantha. granted we are thrilled to welcome another girl, but knowing that Sam will have a little sister makes my heart glad. words cannot express how much i treasure my sister - and my prayer is for sammy and baby girl to have an equally special relationship.

also - i have been hesitant to share what we are calling the baby before she is born. tim decided it would be funny to name the baby - steve. well, unfortunately, the name has stuck. and now that we know we are having a girl - i think we will continue to call her steve, or more likely stevey. poor thing. oh well - sometimes these things just happen (right defense!).

sweet stevey - we love you! and we are beyond delighted for your coming into our lives. we pray you will love Jesus and that He will be your center. we pray you will love people well, especially those others may not see. we pray you will have a special relationship with your sister, Samantha. and we pray you will know you are loved so very much!!

oh and one more thing. i told tim just because we are having another girl doesn't mean i won't want to buy the baby a few cute things :) he seemed more or less agreeable.

7 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Well congrats! And I'm glad you told everyone! Also, I agree you should buy more girl stuff beause it's just too stinking cute to pass up. Although I will say I find myself more and more willing to buy Hannah things (even if they aren't at garage sales) because I know two girls will wear them. Our little girl clothing budget has gotten a little out of hand (which in my defense is only like $20 a month).

Defense said...

YEAH FOR SISTERS!!!!!!

Christina said...

actually, now samantha also needs a new wardrobe so they can match!!
congrats again! so awesome! i will come you next week to catch up...maybe this weekend. no idea how these weekends turn out.

Nathan and Nicole said...

YAY!!! I love that Sammy will have a sister, just like you and yours, and me and mine, and June and Winnie! And don't hate on the name Stevey. Steven Curtis Chapman has a daughter named Stevie Joy. :)

Hillary said...

Yay! So excited for Sammy to have a sister. I think Sammy and Stevey go together perfectly. So happy for you guys!

kstivers said...

We are soooooo happy for you and I agree about how special sisters are! Even though I don't have one..God has blessed me with you and others in my life that fill the sister spot! They are both so blessed to have each other already! Congratulations!

Twila said...

Congrats~ Girls are so cute. I'm hoping we have a girl, but I'll be happy with whichever.